Note: Participants can use any type of computer as long as it has a local installation of JATOS (https://www.jatos.org/Installation.html) and a text editor such as Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/3).
Presented by: Isaac Kinley (McMaster University)
When: Thursday, Feb 4, and Thursday, Feb 18
Where: Online, with zoom link to be sent in advance. Registration required.
Part 1 (Thursday, February 4):
9:30-10:30: Live zoom covering the following topics:
- A mental model of the internet (client-server architecture, which code runs where)
10:30-12:30: Independent (or small team) exercises
- The instructor will be available for support if needed
12:30-1:30: Live zoom covering the following topics:
- Taking up practice exercises
- Overview of JATOS and jsPsych
- Basic jsPsych (trials, the timeline, plugins)
- Uploading an experiment to a local JATOS server
- Using jsPsych’s documentation
- Suggested practice exercise for 2-week break (building a simple reaction time experiment)